Join Chaim Krause for an in-depth discussion in this video Supportconfig, part of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Essential Training.
- [Instructor] At some point you might get to a place…where you need help from support, and they're probably…gonna ask you to run support config to get all the…configuration information off of your particular server.…Once again, we're going to use guest and in there…is an icon for support.…We'll click that and what you're gonna do…is you're gonna click on these buttons in order.…The first thing you'll do is click on open,…that's gonna launch your browser and you'll long into…the support center portal.…
Next, you're gonna click on the second button…which is create a report tarball, that's running support…config in the background and that's gonna take some time.…I will show you what that looks like.…You can choose defaults and you can hit next, it's gonna ask…you for your information and then it's gonna start.…All right, at this point it's reporting that it's done…so we'll click on the next button.…This gives us a chance to review what it has collected.…
You can use the drop down box here to jump to different…
- What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
- Installing SLES
- Linux file types
- Working at the command line
- Managing processes
- Working with background processes
- Managing users and groups
- Changing file permissions
- Configuring network interfaces
- Displaying hardware information
- Managing drivers
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Package Managers and Repositorieswith Scott Simpson1h 13m Intermediate
Linux: User and Group Managementwith Grant McWilliams1h 8m Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
1. What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
2. Working at the Command Line
3. System Initialization
4. Process Management
5. Identity and Security
6. Managing Software
7. Network Management
8. Basic Network Services
10. Administration and Monitoring
11. Hardware Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.