In this video, Chaim Krause explores the options for anti-spam and antivirus measures in an email server. Learn how Spamassassin, ClamAV and amavisd-new are used to reduce spam.
- [Instructor] Spam and viruses are always a problem…with email.…They're being sent out constantly,…and you want to use some kind of tools…to help filter that out.…There's a couple packages I'd like to take a look at.…Let's use yum to get info…on a package called Spamassassin.…We can see it's a spam filter for email,…which can be invoked by mail delivery agents,…such as sendmail or postfix.…So this is something we can use on our email server…to help with the spam problem.…
Now, for antivirus, I suggest we look at Clam AntiVirus.…There's a whole toolkit in order to handle viruses…in emails, and keep them out.…But all of this gets a little complicated…when we've got all these different pieces of software…working on the server.…So I want to take a look at a third package, amavisd-new,…and let's see what this has to offer.…Says it's an interface between mailers,…and one or more content checkers,…like virus scanners, or Spamassassin.…
So what we have here is a tool…that can coordinate the various different efforts…in order to help our email server with spam and viruses.…
- Reviewing the components of email delivery
- Sending mail with Postfix internally and externally
- Configuring TLS, SASL, and an email client
- Installing database tools
- Creating virtual domains, users, and aliases
- Exploring greylisting with Postgrey
- Installing and configuring spam tools
- Reviewing DNS-based protection against spammers
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Multitasking at the Command Linewith Scott Simpson39m 1s Intermediate
Linux: Desktops and Remote Accesswith Grant McWilliams1h 44m Intermediate
1. Basic Setup
2. Going Beyond Basic Services
3. Agent-Based Protection Against Spammers
4. DNS-Based Protection Against Spammers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.