In this video, Chaim Krause installs spam tools for the email server. Walk through all of the packages that should be installed on a Linux email server to reduce spam.
- [Instructor] I've got quite a bit of software…to install for this.…Let's dig in and get started.…We're going to use Yum, and we're going to install…lots of packages.…First off is SpamAssassin,…which is the SpamAssassin package.…And then we're going to install some milters…which are mail filters, which are used…with Postfix.…So there is a milter as well as milter for Postfix.…So let's install those.…
Alright, we've got those installed.…Let's get our next bunch installed, which will be…Clam Antivirus.…So we're going to want a whole bunch of packages here.…We're going to want Clam Antivirus,…we're going to want Clam Antivirus milter,…Clam Antivirus lib,…Clam Antivirus scanner,…Clam Antivirus scanner system D files,…Clam Antivirus server,…Clam Antivirus server system D,…Clam Antivirus file system.…
And remember, you can use Yum info…with any of these to get more information…about that particular package.…Double check my list.…We've got some more to install.…Update milter system D.…Data package.…I think I've got everything here but if we miss something,…
- Reviewing the components of email delivery
- Sending mail with Postfix internally and externally
- Configuring TLS, SASL, and an email client
- Installing database tools
- Creating virtual domains, users, and aliases
- Exploring greylisting with Postgrey
- Installing and configuring spam tools
- Reviewing DNS-based protection against spammers
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Multitasking at the Command Linewith Scott Simpson39m 1s Intermediate
Linux: Desktops and Remote Accesswith Grant McWilliams1h 44m Intermediate
1. Basic Setup
2. Going Beyond Basic Services
3. Agent-Based Protection Against Spammers
4. DNS-Based Protection Against Spammers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.