In this video, Chaim Krause adjusts the configuration files for Spamassassin, ClamAV and amavisd-new. Learn basic methods for configuring and testing tools to reduce spam.
- [Instructor] Now all of this configuration…is quite complex and it goes much deeper…than I'm going to show you here.…We're going to do copy and pasting here in many of the cases,…because we want to get the default and get things…working first before we start tweaking things.…So I suggest you do the same.…Just use the default values that we see here…and then as you want to make changes…you can look into the documentation for specific parameters.…First thing we need to do is to set up the amavisfeed,…so I'm going to copy the straight out of the documentation.…
I'm going to switch over to my server.…And where I need to add this is in the master configuration…file in postfix, so we're going to vi etc postfix master.…And you can see there's configurations for different items.…We've already touched upon this,…and what we're going to do is we're going to jump to the end.…So in vi, that's g, and we're going to add a line…and we're going to paste in what we copied…and we're going to keep this and then the next piece we need…
- Reviewing the components of email delivery
- Sending mail with Postfix internally and externally
- Configuring TLS, SASL, and an email client
- Installing database tools
- Creating virtual domains, users, and aliases
- Exploring greylisting with Postgrey
- Installing and configuring spam tools
- Reviewing DNS-based protection against spammers
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Multitasking at the Command Linewith Scott Simpson39m 1s Intermediate
Linux: Desktops and Remote Accesswith Grant McWilliams1h 44m Intermediate
1. Basic Setup
2. Going Beyond Basic Services
3. Agent-Based Protection Against Spammers
4. DNS-Based Protection Against Spammers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.