Join Chaim Krause for an in-depth discussion in this video Software RAID, part of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Essential Training.
- [Narrator] Let's talk about RAID.…We're going to look at software RAID here.…I'm assuming at this point you are familiar with RAID…and the various different types of RAIDs.…For more information on RAIDs,…you can check out some other videos in our library,…there's one at the URL below.…What I'm gonna do now is create some RAID partitions.…I'm in YaST, and I'm going to start up the partitioner,…and this, basically, is telling you that, hey,…you're making changes that you might not be able to undo.…
We've got all kinds of partitions here and drives.…Let's take a look at what we've got for hard drives.…I've got one drive here, that is 40 gigs,…and I've divided it up into four partitions…and marked them as RAID partitions.…Now, in the real world, creating all the partitions…on one disk defeats the purpose of having a RAID,…but for demonstration purposes, this will serve just fine.…I also have two other drives which have single partitions…of different types, for example, this one…is a Linux Logical Volume Management partition,…
- What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
- Installing SLES
- Linux file types
- Working at the command line
- Managing processes
- Working with background processes
- Managing users and groups
- Changing file permissions
- Configuring network interfaces
- Displaying hardware information
- Managing drivers
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Package Managers and Repositorieswith Scott Simpson1h 13m Intermediate
Linux: User and Group Managementwith Grant McWilliams1h 8m Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
1. What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
2. Working at the Command Line
3. System Initialization
4. Process Management
5. Identity and Security
6. Managing Software
7. Network Management
8. Basic Network Services
10. Administration and Monitoring
11. Hardware Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.