In this video, Chaim Krause uses Postfix.Admin to create virtual domains, users, and aliases. Using Thunderbird, Chaim sends and reads emails testing the accounts.
- [Instructor] Now it's time for us…to start seeing some of the fruits of our labor.…I'm back in postfix admin…and it probably now makes a little more sense to you…what it does.…We've created all of the support tables…connections, look-ups, queries, etc. for virtual users…and we have postfix admin now…to add data to those tables.…So to add a new email account…we first need to add a domain.…So I'm going to click on 'new domain' from 'domain list'…and I'm going to type in tinjaw.io.…
This is my primary domain.…And I'm just going to leave this set to default…which is 10 aliases and 10 mailboxes.…I want it to be active now…and set up to default the email aliases.…I've added the domain…and now I'm going to look at it so I can add users.…So domain list, domain list…and here we have our domain.…We can edit it and see what it's put in there.…But what we want to do, is we want to add a new user.…
So we'll go to our virtual list here…and we want to add mailbox.…A user, we're going to give Frank an email box…and default password.…
- Reviewing the components of email delivery
- Sending mail with Postfix internally and externally
- Configuring TLS, SASL, and an email client
- Installing database tools
- Creating virtual domains, users, and aliases
- Exploring greylisting with Postgrey
- Installing and configuring spam tools
- Reviewing DNS-based protection against spammers
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Multitasking at the Command Linewith Scott Simpson39m 1s Intermediate
Linux: Desktops and Remote Accesswith Grant McWilliams1h 44m Intermediate
1. Basic Setup
2. Going Beyond Basic Services
3. Agent-Based Protection Against Spammers
4. DNS-Based Protection Against Spammers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.