In this video, Chaim Krause installs Dovecot to add POP3 and IMAP capabilities to the email server. Chaim then tests that all is working locally on the mail server.
- [Instructor] We're at a point now where we can send…and receive email from the (mumbles) box,…but we've been using only SMTP up to this point.…I'm now going to use Dovecot to have the ability…to also handle POP3 and IMAP services.…These are what almost all email users use today…when they check their email from a personal computer.…So as usual,…the first thing we need to do is install the software.…Again, I'm going to use Yum with the Y parameter…to answer yes and install Dovecot.…So we're installing Dovecot…and then we will go ahead and once that's finished…and enable it.…
So let's clear our screen.…We're going to use system control to enable Dovecot…and then we're going to use it again to start Dovecot.…Okay, we get no indication that it's starting,…but that's actually just because we've gotten no errors.…So let's use the tool we used earlier netstat…and we can show now with netstat…that we've got POP3 running, IMAP running,…IMAPS running and POP3S running…so they are in fact up and running.…So we know what POP3 and IMAP are…
- Reviewing the components of email delivery
- Sending mail with Postfix internally and externally
- Configuring TLS, SASL, and an email client
- Installing database tools
- Creating virtual domains, users, and aliases
- Exploring greylisting with Postgrey
- Installing and configuring spam tools
- Reviewing DNS-based protection against spammers
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Multitasking at the Command Linewith Scott Simpson39m 1s Intermediate
Linux: Desktops and Remote Accesswith Grant McWilliams1h 44m Intermediate
1. Basic Setup
2. Going Beyond Basic Services
3. Agent-Based Protection Against Spammers
4. DNS-Based Protection Against Spammers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.