Join Chaim Krause for an in-depth discussion in this video Set up SuSEfirewall2, part of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Essential Training.
- Firewalls are a very important topic.…Servers serve a special purpose…and that is to make services available to other users…so you can't isolate your server,…you have to make it available…but at the same time you have to protect it.…This course is not about firewalls,…so we're not going to go into great detail…but what I am going to show you…is how to implement the details of a firewall…in SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12.…There is a nice tool to be used in YAST…and it is towards the bottom…and it's simply titled "Firewall"…so I'm going to use that.…
The first thing it asks you about is startup;…do you want to enable the firewall automatically on Boot…and, also, do you want to start it now?…So I'm going to say go ahead and enable this when it starts…and the next thing we have to do is take a look…at our interfaces.…I've created three here so we can have…one of each kind.…If we take ethernet zero, I can make this internal.…If I take ethernet one,…I'm going to make this DMZ,…and for our final interface,…I'm going to make the external.…
- What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
- Installing SLES
- Linux file types
- Working at the command line
- Managing processes
- Working with background processes
- Managing users and groups
- Changing file permissions
- Configuring network interfaces
- Displaying hardware information
- Managing drivers
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Package Managers and Repositorieswith Scott Simpson1h 13m Intermediate
Linux: User and Group Managementwith Grant McWilliams1h 8m Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
1. What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
2. Working at the Command Line
3. System Initialization
4. Process Management
5. Identity and Security
6. Managing Software
7. Network Management
8. Basic Network Services
10. Administration and Monitoring
11. Hardware Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.