Setting up the LDAP database includes copying an example configuration file and adding three database schema files. Once this is done, you can create your own structure by loading the base.ldif file.
- [Instructor] At this point,…we should have a working ldap server installation,…that hasn't been set up yet with a database.…Ensure you're still in the chapter two…exercise files directory in your RH host 1VM.…For me this is /home/user1/ExerciseFiles/Ch 02.…We'll start by copying the sample database schemas…from the operating system.…Type in sudo space cp space…/usr/share/openldap-servers/…DB_CONFIG, all uppercase,….example space /var/lib/ldap/DB_CONFIG,…all uppercase, and hit enter.…
Type in your password if prompted.…Now let's change the ownership to the ldap user and group.…Type in sudo space chown space -R space ldap:ldap space…/var/lib/ldap, and hit enter.…Let's clear the screen again.…Type in clear, and then we'll add some schema files.…Type in ls space -l space/etc/openldap…/schema, and hit enter.…
We're going to want three of these.…Cosine, nis, and inet org person.…Type in clear, and then type in…sudo space ldapadd space - capital Y…space EXTERNAL, all uppercase,…space -H space ldapi://…space -f space /etc/openldap…
- Network Time Services (NTP)
- How NTP works for authentication
- Configuring the chrony server and chrony client
- Setting up an LDAP server and LDAP client
- Creating a Kerberos database
- Configuring Kerberos client authentication
Skill Level Intermediate
RHCE Cert Prep: Networking and SSHwith Grant McWilliams1h 53m Appropriate for all
Linux: Package Management for CentOSwith Grant McWilliams1h 56m Intermediate
1. Network Time Services
2. Setting Up an LDAP Server
3. Setting Up an LDAP Client
4. Authentication Using Kerberos
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.