In this video, Chaim Krause updates the external zone file to point to two sample websites. Whether you are running the web server yourself or have it hosted at a third-party provider, you can put your domain name on it.
- [Teacher] I'm excited we have our…name server answering external queries.…Now I want to do what most people…want to do right away and get my website up…and running on my new domain.…Let's look at how we do that.…So let's bring up our editor,…load our file.…And we're going to leave all this stuff the same,…and we're just going to add to it.…So in cases where you're hosting…your own web server,…you would just make an A record.…
Nothing fancy, nothing special.…Just like any other A record.…And if you are hosting your website externally,…you're going to want to use CNAMEs,…and then enter in the CNAME,…and I'll add a second.…And then, this is something I often forget.…
I need to go back up here…and increment our serial number.…Now we'll save this.…Okay, we're in our web browser here,…and let's type in our address.…And let's go to our first website.…There we go.…Let's bring up another tab,…and let's go to our second website.…
There you go.…So you can see, we've properly configured…our name server to serve up our websites.…
- Working with different types of name servers
- Working with zone files
- Setting up a basic name server
- Creating, verifying, loading, and testing the zone file
- Allowing queries from localnets
- Configuring an advanced name server
- Serving a website or email
- Adding security
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Multitasking at the Command Linewith Scott Simpson39m 1s Intermediate
1. Installing BIND
Installing BIND1m 4s
2. Types of Name Servers
3. Zone Configuration File
4. Basic Name Server Setup
5. Advanced Name Server Setup
6. Security Concerns
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.