In this video, Chaim Krause utlizes Postfix's SMTP capabilities to send email locally. Learn how to configure Postfix for internal email on the local LAN.
- [Instructor] With my server up and running,…I'm going to create some user accounts…to use for the rest of my session.…Let's add a user with the user add command.…And let's go alphabetically here so let's start with Adam.…Let's add a second user, Brian.…So that we can send email back and forth between them.…To actually send some email back and forth,…we're going to need an email client.…One I like to use for testing,…it's very lightweight is mailx.…So let's go ahead and install that.…
And now with that installed we can attempt…to send mail as Adam and Brian.…to send mail as Adam and Brian.…So I'm going to do a switch user here,…and let's start off with Adam.…And we're going to use mailx to send email to Brian.…It's going to prompt you for a subject.…Body of the text.…And then you end by putting a period on a line by itself.…At this point we should've sent an email…off to Brian from Adam.…Let's take a look.…Let's go back to root.…
Let's switch to Brian.…And let's check our mail.…And we have an email from Adam subject to test,…
- Reviewing the components of email delivery
- Sending mail with Postfix internally and externally
- Configuring TLS, SASL, and an email client
- Installing database tools
- Creating virtual domains, users, and aliases
- Exploring greylisting with Postgrey
- Installing and configuring spam tools
- Reviewing DNS-based protection against spammers
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Multitasking at the Command Linewith Scott Simpson39m 1s Intermediate
Linux: Desktops and Remote Accesswith Grant McWilliams1h 44m Intermediate
1. Basic Setup
2. Going Beyond Basic Services
3. Agent-Based Protection Against Spammers
4. DNS-Based Protection Against Spammers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.