In this video, discover how to use Vistumbler in Windows to scan for wireless networks.
- [Instructor] A simple but effective … Windows public domain scanning tool is Vistumbler. … The Vistumbler GitHub repository … of executables is shown here, … and if we click on the latest release, version 10, … we get a list of minor releases. … Let's select version 10-6-5, … and we get the download page. … This allows us to download a simple executable installer. … You'll also need to have Google Earth loaded … if you want to use Vistumbler's Google Earth GPS features. … Okay, I have Vistumbler running … and my TP-Link USB adapter plugged in. … And the first thing I want to do is check the interface. … I can do this by using the menu item Interface, … and make sure I've selected my USB Wireless LAN Card. … Now I can do my scan by pressing Scan APs. … The access points are listed. … The main panel shows each access point … with the MAC address and the SSID. … We can see an analysis of the high and low signal strength, … and the channel on which the access point is operating. … We can also see the authentication and encryption modes. …
Note: This course is part of our test prep series for the Certified Ethical Hacker exam. Review the complete exam objectives at https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/.
- Selecting an antenna
- Configuring security
- Extracting WEP and network passwords
- Testing passwords
- Harvesting connections from rogue access points
- Attacking networks via Bluetooth
- Capturing wireless packets with Acrylic Wi-Fi
- Heat mapping with Ekahau
- Wi-Fi sniffing with Wireshark
- Testing the Internet of Things