Learn how to install and run Vanquish and review what it provides for early testing.
- [Instructor] Another tool that we can use…to automate enumeration is Vanquish.…Vanquish brings together many of the standard…enumeration tools and orchestrates their execution.…It doesn't come as standard entirely,…so let's take a look at how we install it.…First let's clone the Vanquish repository.…
Now we have it, let's install it.…We'll let that install, and come back when it's complete.…We now have a running version of Vanquish.…I'll point this at the Reel server…at 10.10.10.77 and run it.…First I have to create a target list file,…with the target IP addresses, I'll just include one,…but Vanquish can be run against many targets concurrently.…
We can see that Vanquish starts with a fast TCP scan…and then a fast UDP scan.…It then starts collecting more detailed information,…let's open a new terminal and check progress.…
We need to look at the hosts folder…where the results of scans are stored,…and go into the 10_10_10_77 folder.…Okay we can see that we have a number of service folders…relating to the services that Vanquish has found on Reel,…
- Using Masscan for rapid full-service scanning
- Passive scanning with Shodan
- Using Nmap scripts
- Scanning with Reconnoitre and Vanquish
- Diagnosing uncommon ports
- Enumerating Drupal, WordPress, and Joomla sites
- Enumerating in the Linux shell
- Using the JAWS PowerShell script
Skill Level Advanced
Penetration Testing: Advanced Kali Linuxwith Malcolm Shore2h 22m Intermediate
Ethical Hacking: Penetration Testingwith Lisa Bock1h 20m Intermediate
Penetration Testing Essential Trainingwith Malcolm Shore2h 29m Intermediate
1. Identifying Services
2. Enumerating Services
3. Enumerating Web Servers
4. Further Enumeration
Enumerating inside Windows4m 41s
What's next1m 39s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.