Join Chaim Krause for an in-depth discussion in this video The SLES maintenance model, part of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Let's now look at the SUSE Maintenance model.…In order to do so, we have to go back in time…and think about Linux when it started.…It was basically for hobbyists.…Many hobbyists continue to use Linux,…and they get help from the community of other hobbyists.…For example, to get support over IRC…from a random, anonymous person is very common.…Quite often, when I have problems,…I will find the appropriate IRC channel and ask for help,…and there'll be somebody there, who on their own time,…will provide me with help to fix a problem.…
Most of the time, it works.…Sometimes, somebody who's a little overzealous…provides you with what they say is an answer,…and when you attempt it, it has side effects.…That's where things change…when you get into the business world.…Because some commercial businesses…want to take advantage of the benefits of Linux,…yet have those guarantees that are required…in order to run a profitable business.…For example, let's take an Edge case.…
If you're trying to fix your Raspberry Pi,…
- What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
- Installing SLES
- Linux file types
- Working at the command line
- Managing processes
- Working with background processes
- Managing users and groups
- Changing file permissions
- Configuring network interfaces
- Displaying hardware information
- Managing drivers
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Package Managers and Repositorieswith Scott Simpson1h 13m Intermediate
Linux: User and Group Managementwith Grant McWilliams1h 8m Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
1. What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
2. Working at the Command Line
3. System Initialization
4. Process Management
5. Identity and Security
6. Managing Software
7. Network Management
8. Basic Network Services
10. Administration and Monitoring
11. Hardware Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.