Join Chaim Krause for an in-depth discussion in this video The SLES boot process, part of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look…at the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Boot Process.…It has three stages.…The first is the Boot loader loading from the boot sector.…Second, is the Kernel…in the init RAM file system being loaded…and third is the systemd.…Now most of us are familiar with the process…of starting an automobile.…These days it's actually as simple as simply…pushing a button that says start.…What many people may not know is all the things…that are set into motion by that simple push of a button.…
Now to greatly simplify, a battery is used…as a power source to pump fuel into the cylinders…where the battery is then used again to ignite the fuel.…This controlled explosion turns the crank shaft…and the engine begins to run.…Once the engine is running…it's up to the driver to determine what happens next.…Would driver move the vehicle forward or backward?…Would the headlights be turned on?…What about the windshield wipers?…Now not all vehicles have a GPS navigation system.…But if yours does then the GPS is initialized.…
- What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
- Installing SLES
- Linux file types
- Working at the command line
- Managing processes
- Working with background processes
- Managing users and groups
- Changing file permissions
- Configuring network interfaces
- Displaying hardware information
- Managing drivers
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Package Managers and Repositorieswith Scott Simpson1h 13m Intermediate
Linux: User and Group Managementwith Grant McWilliams1h 8m Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
1. What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
2. Working at the Command Line
3. System Initialization
4. Process Management
5. Identity and Security
6. Managing Software
7. Network Management
8. Basic Network Services
10. Administration and Monitoring
11. Hardware Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.