Join Sean Colins for an in-depth discussion in this video Running sepolicy, part of Linux: Firewalls and SELinux.
- [Narrator] The sepolicy utility provides…a suite of features to query the installed SELinux policy.…The suite allows you to generate transition reports,…man pages, and do policy modules.…This gives users easier access to a better understanding…of the SELinux policy.…The policycoreutils dash devel package…is what provides sepolicy…and if you hadn't installed that earlier in the course,…we would need to install that now,…but we have already installed it…'cuz we've already used it a couple of times.…We installed it earlier in the course…so we could generate all the SELinux man pages…we wanted on our last test system for extended reading.…
But we've also looked at booleans and other things.…So let's take a look at the man page…for sepolicy together right now.…Go ahead and type man space sepolicy,…and you'll see here you've got a list of arguments…that are available and those are fairly useful things.…I wanted to just talk about these different arguments,…and what they each do.…Booleans of course, give you a list of all of the booleans…
- Working with iptables
- Installing Firewalld
- Exploring zones and services
- Allowing the Apache web server
- Allowing FTP and SFTP servers
- Installing SELinux utils
- Setting discretionary or mandatory access
- Installing SELinux man pages
- Working with Booleans
- Changing context labels
- Running sepolicy
- Finding SELinux logs
- Making domains permissive
- Disabling and reenabling SELinux
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Multitasking at the Command Linewith Scott Simpson39m 1s Intermediate
1. Firewall Basics on Linux
2. Configuring Firewalld for Local Protection
3. SELinux Fundamentals
4. Working with SELinux
5. SELinux Troubleshooting
Next steps3m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.