Join Malcolm Shore for an in-depth discussion in this video Reviewing the tools, part of Introduction to Kali Linux.
- [Voiceover] The first task for an address tree…will be to reckon or to profile his or her target…in order to prepare to exploit it.…Gathering information can be done…using opensource intelligence…or can be done using tools…which probe the target directly.…When testing for vulnerabilities,…it's useful to look at the targets…from an adversarial perspective…and find out how much information can be found.…Kali provides a large number of information gathering tools…in the first group of its application menu.…
Let's have a look at them.…We've got the main tools shown on the right,…plus three sub-menus with further tools.…With these tools, we can get DNS information…to profile a target system.…We can identify any IDS being used to filter traffic.…We can identify and profile hosts…and see how traffic routes to them.…And we can gain information…from any SMB, SMTP, SNMP,…and SSL services that might be open.…Let's have a look at three representative tools.…
This course will give prospective ethical hackers a short overview of the tools in Kali Linux. Cybersecurity expert Malcolm Shore shows how to set up a virtual environment for testing, configure Kali Linux, and install toolsets for information gathering, vulnerability assessment, password and hash cracking, and target exploitation.
Because businesses are connected, they are also exposed. Vulnerability testing helps organizations limit that exposure. This course will help you explore the careers, techniques, and tools behind ethical hacking—one of the most competitive and sought-after IT security skills.
- Overview of Metaploit, Maltego, and Wifite
- Setting up a virtual lab with Oracle VM
- Installing virtual machines and appliances
- Exploring the Kali Linux applications
- Gathering information with DMitry and DNSenum
- Conducting a vulnerability assessment
- Installing OpenVAS and Vega
- Testing passwords
- Exploiting targets
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with CentOS Linuxwith Scott Simpson1h 32m Beginner
1. Setting Up the Virtual Lab
2. Introducing Kali
3. Information Gathering (Understanding the Target)
4. Vulnerability Analysis
5. Passwords and Hashes
6. Exploiting Targets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.