- Installing MariaDB server
- MariaDB commands, configuration files, and logs
- Addressing SELinux concerns
- Using the MySQL shell
- Managing databases and tables with subcommands
- Creating a database with tables
- Querying a database
- Renaming tables and updating records
- Setting and recovering the root database password
- Securing your MariaDB server installation
- Performing and restoring logical database backups
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Grant] Welcome to RHCE Cert Prep, Linux Database Servers using MariaDB. I'm Grant McWilliams, computer science instructor and Linux enthusiast. In this course, we will cover how to install the MariaDB server, as well as several client tools. We'll also talk about the differences between MySQL and MariaDB. Also, we'll focus on database basics, including what a relational database is. We'll learn some SQL commands for creating databases and tables, and how to query the data held within them. Then we'll talk about how to set and recover the database root user's password and how to secure your database server installation.
Lastly, we'll talk about how to create logical MariaDB backups of both databases and tables and how to restore them. I love Linux and I'm excited to teach you about Linux database servers using MariaDB for the RHCE Certification. Let's get started.