In this video, Chaim Krause changes the context and name of postfixadmin software. Configure proper SELinux context for postfixadmin and create alias for apache/httpd.
- [Instructor] Okay we've done a lot here,…so let's take a moment to step back.…We've got the Apache server running…and it's serving up webpages.…We've got phpMyAdmin running on there,…and we want to get postfix.admin running on there.…We need to do a little bit of housekeeping…to get that to work.…Let's switch over to our user share directory…where we installed our software,…and let's take a look here what we've got.…You can see that postfixadmin-3…we just untard it, and that's the way it came out…so we're going to need to change the owner of that…so let's start off by doing that.…
We're going to change it to Apache,…and then another thing I'm going to do,…is I'm going to shorten that name…of postfixadmin-three, to simply postfixadmin.…At that this point I'm going to clear the screen…and we'll configure postfixadmin to be shared up…by the web server.…Well the first thing we need to do is take a look…because we have SELinux running,…let's take a look at our directory,…and use the capital Z here,…and we can see that the permissions and settings we need…
- Reviewing the components of email delivery
- Sending mail with Postfix internally and externally
- Configuring TLS, SASL, and an email client
- Installing database tools
- Creating virtual domains, users, and aliases
- Exploring greylisting with Postgrey
- Installing and configuring spam tools
- Reviewing DNS-based protection against spammers
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Multitasking at the Command Linewith Scott Simpson39m 1s Intermediate
Linux: Desktops and Remote Accesswith Grant McWilliams1h 44m Intermediate
1. Basic Setup
2. Going Beyond Basic Services
3. Agent-Based Protection Against Spammers
4. DNS-Based Protection Against Spammers
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.