Join Malcolm Shore for an in-depth discussion in this video Pivot through a network, part of Introduction to Kali Linux.
- [Voiceover] It's fairly straightforward to test…a single system in an overt penetration test,…but when we have to run what is known…as a red team exercise,…an unannounced and covert penetration test…of a business's complete network,…some of the targets will be hidden…inside the network.…Metasploit provides a means of gaining access…to these systems by doing what's known as a pivot.…This means that once an accessible target…has been identified, the tester will look…at what internal networks he or she can access…and then route the Metasploit attacks…through this machine to that internal target.…
In this way, a red team tester can potentially get…access to all hosts in a complete network,…no matter how deep they are.…Let's go pivot.…I'll select my Windows 10.null.2.5 host,…and I'll select the exploit…windows browser and scroll down…to MS 1464.…I'll launch that.…We now have a server set up…and are ready to accept browser connections…from our target.…
I'm now in my Windows host,…and I'll browse to the malicious website.…
This course will give prospective ethical hackers a short overview of the tools in Kali Linux. Cybersecurity expert Malcolm Shore shows how to set up a virtual environment for testing, configure Kali Linux, and install toolsets for information gathering, vulnerability assessment, password and hash cracking, and target exploitation.
Because businesses are connected, they are also exposed. Vulnerability testing helps organizations limit that exposure. This course will help you explore the careers, techniques, and tools behind ethical hacking—one of the most competitive and sought-after IT security skills.
- Overview of Metaploit, Maltego, and Wifite
- Setting up a virtual lab with Oracle VM
- Installing virtual machines and appliances
- Exploring the Kali Linux applications
- Gathering information with DMitry and DNSenum
- Conducting a vulnerability assessment
- Installing OpenVAS and Vega
- Testing passwords
- Exploiting targets
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with CentOS Linuxwith Scott Simpson1h 32m Beginner
1. Setting Up the Virtual Lab
2. Introducing Kali
3. Information Gathering (Understanding the Target)
4. Vulnerability Analysis
5. Passwords and Hashes
6. Exploiting Targets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.