- Using Masscan for rapid full-service scanning
- Passive scanning with Shodan
- Using Nmap scripts
- Scanning with Reconnoitre and Vanquish
- Diagnosing uncommon ports
- Enumerating Drupal, WordPress, and Joomla sites
- Enumerating in the Linux shell
- Using the JAWS PowerShell script
Skill Level Advanced
- [Malcolm] The key to succeeding in your OSCP and indeed in your pen testing career is to have a good knowledge of enumeration. Skilled enumeration is often the main factor in gaining root access to a system. In my Linkedin learning course we will be using our online test lab to do hands on enumeration of a range of targets. This provides you with a sophisticated and real world environment in which to learn. I'm Malcolm Shore and I've spent a career helping governments and businesses protect their networks and systems against cyber attacks.
Understanding how to enumerate systems has been a valuable skill during that career. As you watch the course, I'd' encourage you to take the opportunity to go into the lab and follow the course material with your own hands on testing. It's a great way to learn. Now let's get started learning advanced enumeration.