Discover how to access a Windows system without recovering a password, directly using hashes.
- [Voiceover] Gaining access to systems…without recovering passwords from hashes…can save a lot of time.…This form of access is possible in the Windows environment…in the class of Techniques and Owners: Pass the Hash.…Pass the Hash can also be used in some website…authentication schemes.…When a user logs into a Windows system…the operating system will hash their password…and store it in a special memory area…in the operating system.…And will use it subsequently to authenticate…access to network resources.…This process is managed by the Local Security…Authority Sub-System or LSAS.…
Single sign-on schemes take advantage of this…capability and allow access to resources…throughout a session without requiring…reentry of the password.…Gaining access to a system through…the Pass the Hash technique requires…that the user knows the user id in it's…password hash.…Either by intercepting them in network traffic…or by extracting hashes during an attack…using tools such as the Windows Credential Editor.…These hashes can then be stored in their own…
This course will give prospective ethical hackers a short overview of the tools in Kali Linux. Cybersecurity expert Malcolm Shore shows how to set up a virtual environment for testing, configure Kali Linux, and install toolsets for information gathering, vulnerability assessment, password and hash cracking, and target exploitation.
Because businesses are connected, they are also exposed. Vulnerability testing helps organizations limit that exposure. This course will help you explore the careers, techniques, and tools behind ethical hacking—one of the most competitive and sought-after IT security skills.
- Overview of Metaploit, Maltego, and Wifite
- Setting up a virtual lab with Oracle VM
- Installing virtual machines and appliances
- Exploring the Kali Linux applications
- Gathering information with DMitry and DNSenum
- Conducting a vulnerability assessment
- Installing OpenVAS and Vega
- Testing passwords
- Exploiting targets
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with CentOS Linuxwith Scott Simpson1h 32m Beginner
1. Setting Up the Virtual Lab
2. Introducing Kali
3. Information Gathering (Understanding the Target)
4. Vulnerability Analysis
5. Passwords and Hashes
6. Exploiting Targets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.