Join Chaim Krause for an in-depth discussion in this video Partitioning, part of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Disk partitioning is a means of organizing…your various storage media.…Most commonly, it is used to reserve a block of space…on a hard drive for a particular use,…such as the operating system, user data or for log files.…You're more than likely familiar with the concept,…so let me show you how to do partitioning…in SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12.…I have the apps up and I'm going to choose the partitioner.…You're going to get the generic warning that you may…lose data if you don't pay attention to what you're doing.…
I have a virtual machine running here and I've added several…hard disks to it so we can partition them.…You can see that the first hard drive is already partitioned…with the operating system and Linux Swap partition.…Let's go ahead and expand our drives…and let's start out with this one.…This one's 20 gigabites.…We would probably just want to put one partition on this.…So, we're going to say, add…Primary partition.…
We're going to make it the maximum size.…We're gonna make this a data partition,…
- What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
- Installing SLES
- Linux file types
- Working at the command line
- Managing processes
- Working with background processes
- Managing users and groups
- Changing file permissions
- Configuring network interfaces
- Displaying hardware information
- Managing drivers
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Package Managers and Repositorieswith Scott Simpson1h 13m Intermediate
Linux: User and Group Managementwith Grant McWilliams1h 8m Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
1. What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
2. Working at the Command Line
3. System Initialization
4. Process Management
5. Identity and Security
6. Managing Software
7. Network Management
8. Basic Network Services
10. Administration and Monitoring
11. Hardware Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.