Join Chaim Krause for an in-depth discussion in this video OpenSSH for remote administration, part of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Server administration…requires access to the server.…Sometimes that isn't physical access,…but remote access of some means.…When you have worked with other Linux distributions,…you may have been able to use SSH…to remotely log in to your server out of the box.…This is not the case with SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12.…By default, the SSH server is not running,…and port 22 isn't open.…In this video, I'm going to show you how to use YaST…to enable and start the SSH server…and open up port 22 on the firewall.…
Let's open up YaST.…And first, we're gonna go to the Services Manager.…We're gonna scroll down to find SSHd.…You can see by default,…it is both disabled and inactive,…so we're going to enable that,…and start it up.…And then we wanna make that a permanent change.…Now that it's running,…we need to open up port 22,…we will go to allowed services for our external zone,…dropdown and choose secure shell server,…add that to our list,…next…and finish.…
We have now enabled the SSH server,…and opened the port in the firewall…
- What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
- Installing SLES
- Linux file types
- Working at the command line
- Managing processes
- Working with background processes
- Managing users and groups
- Changing file permissions
- Configuring network interfaces
- Displaying hardware information
- Managing drivers
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Package Managers and Repositorieswith Scott Simpson1h 13m Intermediate
Linux: User and Group Managementwith Grant McWilliams1h 8m Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
1. What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
2. Working at the Command Line
3. System Initialization
4. Process Management
5. Identity and Security
6. Managing Software
7. Network Management
8. Basic Network Services
10. Administration and Monitoring
11. Hardware Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.