Running a task one time is handled by the AT service. The AT can either run the task at a certain time or date or it can run the task when the CPU load average falls below a certain level. Either way, once the task has been run it's deleted from the job list. The AT service allows many different types of date formats like now +5 min.
- [Instructor] There are two different types…of scheduled jobs.…One time jobs and recurring jobs.…For one time jobs we use a service called at.…The at service runs at jobs at a certain time.…Or in the case of a batch job,…when the CPU load average drops below 0.8.…The syntax for at is at, space,…and then the time format.…At supports a wide variety of time formats…including simple 12 and 24 hour clock times,…like 4:25 am, or 16:45.…
It also supports general terms like…midnight, noon, tomorrow, and now,…plus a specified number of minutes, hours or days.…It even supports teatime which is apparently at 4 pm.…If we don't want to schedule one time job today,…we can specify a time and date.…The time format always has to come before the date.…The at services is usually installed by default.…Let's be sure by installing it using Yum,…and if there's a newer version Yum will update it.…Type into a terminal sudo Space,…yum Space, install Space -y, Space at,…and hit Enter.…
Type in your password and hit Enter again.…We'll also want to ensure the service…
- Topics include:
- Shell tips and tricks
- Pattern matching with globs
- Pattern matching with extended globs
- Using the Bash shell
- Monitoring processes using ps
- Monitoring processes graphically
- Managing processes
- Job scheduling
- Limiting access to AT and cron jobs
- Managing system services
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Linux Command Line (2016)with Scott Simpson1h 38m Beginner
Linux: User and Group Managementwith Grant McWilliams1h 8m Intermediate
1. Linux Shells Overview
2. Using the Bash Shell
3. Linux Processes
4. Job Scheduling
5. System Services
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.