Join Scott Simpson for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Linux Foundation Cert Prep: Network Security (Ubuntu).
- [Scott] That's been a look at some common…network security tasks that you should be familiar with.…I'd suggest that you spend some time making…different kinds of firewall rules,…to practice writing those.…Both with iptables and UFW.…Take a little bit of time to write…some custom Apache log formats as well,…to get the information in the order you want.…See you next time.…
- Name the tool that is often used to find out what ports are open on a remote server.
- Explain what a firewall will do without any additional configuration.
- Identify what you append a rule to in iptables.
- Explain what needs to be added to a site to allow the use of HTTPS.
- List the two components of a keypair.