Join Scott Simpson for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of LFCS: Storage Management (Ubuntu).
- [Scott] I hope you're more comfortable…working with disks, partitions and volumes.…Being able to work with storage is a good skill to have…as a system administrator,…and it brings with it some important concepts.…There are off course many more things…in this space to explore.…For a look at some of them,…check out our Linux Storage Systems course.…As you continue learning and implementing storage systems,…don't forget your passwords…and remember to test your backups.…See you next time.…
Join instructor Scott Simpson, as he shows how to manage and optimize file storage on Ubuntu Linux. First, learn how to create, modify, and mount partitions and filesystems, and manage swap space. Scott then combines these basics into more sophisticated solutions using volume management, and shows how to secure Linux storage and configure disk quotas and backup policies.
- Creating and modifying partitions
- Creating, modifying, and mounting filesystems
- Mounting encrypted partitions
- Creating redundant storage with RAID
- Working with physical volumes, volume groups, and logical volumes
- Securing filesystems with ACLs
- Backing up data