Join Scott Simpson for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Linux Foundation Cert Prep: Essential Commands (Ubuntu).
- [Scott] Now that we've taken a look at the essentials,…the next step is to practice them.…I'd recommend exploring the file system…and taking a look at interesting files.…Experiment with permissions in your home directory…and explore what you can without sudo.…And be sure to keep an eye out for the rest of the series.…See you next time…
- Exploring filesystems
- Installing Linux on a physical or virtual machine
- Working with files, directories, and links
- Finding files
- Handling input/output redirection
- Comparing text files and non-text files
- Compressing and decompressing files
- Configuring file permissions
- Managing the root account
- Accessing the command line remotely
- Transferring files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Install and Log Into Ubuntu
System documentation11m 21s
2. Working with Files in the Terminal
3. Security and Administration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.