Join Scott Simpson for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Linux: System Maintenance.
- [Instructor] This has been a basic look at some…maintenance tasks that will help you manage Linux systems.…I encourage you to continue experimenting with virtual…machines and if you're able, experiment with some…physical machines as well.…Just make sure you're not jeopardizing important…data or production systems.…See ya next time.…
- Exploring a system
- Exploring load and uptime
- Auditing security access, groups, and users
- Checking memory and process status
- Checking free disk space and disk status
- Interrupting and exploring the GRUB boot loader
- Gaining root access
- Exploring recovery options
- Upgrading software
- Freeing disk space
- Adding a disk
- Setting up a logging server
- Building a summary script
Skill Level Advanced
Linux: Multitasking at the Command Linewith Scott Simpson39m 1s Intermediate
1. Checking Status
2. Making Changes
3. Logging and Reporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.