Join Scott Simpson for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Linux: Package Managers and Repositories.
- [Scott] Now you should be familiar with package management…across a range of Linux distributions.…Take some time and explore installing…and uninstalling different software packages…to practice with the commands,…and don't forget to explore the man pages…for the tools that we've looked at.…There's a lot of great information in there.…See you next time.…
- Managing packages with RPM and YUM
- Downloading a package file
- Finding package information
- Exploring package dependencies
- Installing a package and checking what has been installed
- Installing groups of packages
- Adding software from third parties to your installation
- Removing and upgrading a package
- Managing packages with dpkg and APT package managers
- Exploring aptitude
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Linux Command Line (2016)with Scott Simpson1h 38m Beginner
Linux: Multitasking at the Command Linewith Scott Simpson39m 1s Intermediate
1. Manage Packages with RPM and YUM
2. Manage Packages with dpkg and APT
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.