Join Scott Simpson for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Linux: Web Services.
- [Scott] I hope you've enjoyed this introduction…to using web services on Linux.…Understanding the basics of how to set up and configure…a web server is important for developers…and system administrators, and now you should be prepared…to build on top of your foundation of knowledge…and explore more advanced topics.…As always, let us know what else you'd like to learn.…See you next time.…
- Starting up and shutting down a web service
- Configuring logging on Apache
- Adding modules to extend Apache
- Using virtual hosts
- Securing access with SSL
- Adding an SSL certificate to your site
- Protecting a site with .htaccess files
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Bash Shell and Scriptswith Kevin Dankwardt2h 46m Intermediate
Linux: Multitasking at the Command Linewith Scott Simpson39m 1s Intermediate
1. Serve Web Content with Apache
2. Secure the Site and Control Access
Secure access with SSL2m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.