Join Grant McWilliams for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Linux: Overview and Installation.
- [Instructor] Thank you for joining me in this course.…We were able to install VirtualBox on Windows…and install CentOS Linux in a virtual machine.…We learned a bit about the origins of Linux,…how open-source works,…and the difference between Linux distributions.…This isn't the end, and I encourage you to learn more…by viewing the official documentation on Red Hat's site.…You might also want to visit the discussion forums…for CentOS Linux.…Again, my name is Grant McWilliams,…and thank you for watching.…
- Identify the basic components of a Linux distribution.
- Explain why it is important to note the VirtualBox host key on your installation.
- Point out one way you could modify the settings of your VM before installing CentOS.
- Determine the first thing you should do when logging into a newly installed VM for the first time.
- Tell how to use Gnome 3’s overview mode to start any application.