Lisa Bock summarizes Ethical Hacking-Scanning. The material covered some of the ways to scan networks, identify live hosts, blueprint the network, and conduct vulnerability scanning. She reviewed a variety of tools and techniques, along with methods to evade IDS, conceal and spoof your existence, and tunneling techniques.
- [Voiceover] Thank you for watching Ethical Hacking, Scanning. I've covered some of the ways to scan networks, identify live hosts, blueprint the network, and conduct vulnerability scanning. I covered a wide variety of tools and techniques, along with methods to evade intrusion detection systems, conceal and spoof your existence, and tunneling techniques. If you're interested in learning more please check out the other IT courses in our library. New material is added all the time.
If you're interested in learning about packet analysis check out my Wireshark course. If you're interested in encryption check out Essentials of Cryptography, and you might want to check out my series Foundations of IT security. If you're ready to continue your journey as an ethical hacker be sure to watch the other courses in the series. I hope to see you again soon.
This course investigates the scanning tools and techniques used to obtain information from a target system, including specially crafted packets, TCP flags, UDP scans, and ping sweeps. Lisa Bock discusses how hackers can identify live systems via protocols, blueprint a network, and perform a vulnerability scan to find weaknesses. She also introduces some of the tools and techniques that hackers use to counter detection via evasion, concealment, and spoofing. In addition, learn how to reduce the threat of tunneling, a method hackers use to circumvent network security.
Note: The Ethical Hacking series maps to the 20 parts of the EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) exam (312_50) version 10.
- Scanning overview
- Port scanning countermeasures
- Scanning and querying DNS
- Scanning with ICMP
- Mapping (or blueprinting) a network
- Scanning for vulnerabilities
- Using tools such as hping and NetScan
- Evading detection
- Concealing your network traffic
- Preventing tunneling
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Scanning Overview and Methodology
2. Identifying Live Systems Using Protocols
3. Blueprint the Network
4. Vulnerability Scanning
Commercial and free scanners3m 17s
5. Scanning Tools
6. Evading Detection
7. Concealing and Spoofing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.