Join Scott Simpson for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Learning Linux Command Line.
- [Voiceover] I hope you've enjoyed this basic introduction…to working at the Linux Command Line.…Now, you should be prepared to jump…into other Linux courses and you should feel…a little more comfortable working in the Terminal.…There are all kinds of directions you could go from here.…If you want to explore more about…different Linux distributions, check out…Up and Running with Ubuntu Desktop Linux,…Up and Running with Fedora Linux,…and Up and Running with CentOS Linux.…If you'd like to learn more about remote access…through the Command Line, have a look at…Understanding FTP and Understanding SSH.…
If you'd like to learn more about the Bash shell,…take a look at Up and Running with Bash Scripting.…We always love to hear feedback about our courses…so let us know if you have any suggestions or comments,…and if you'd like, you can follow me on Twitter.…I'm scotty82 there, or follow me on LinkedIn.…See you next time.…
This course will establish the foundation for more advanced Linux topics. Find other Linux training courses here.
- What is the Linux command line?
- Writing Linux commands at the prompt
- Finding help for Linux commands
- Editing files and folders
- Configuring user roles and file permissions
- Using pipes to connect commands
- Peeking at files
- Searching and editing text
- Finding disk and system information
- Installing and updating software