- [Scott] I hope you've enjoyed this course … and found it useful and I hope you feel prepared … to start exploring CentOS more deeply on your own. … As I mentioned earlier, CentOS is supposed by the community. … A great way to get into contact with that community, … if you have questions or need help with anything, … is to visit centos.org/forums. … There you can find discussion boards … both for general questions and version-specific things, … including general support, software support, … hardware support, networking, and security support. … Learning to use CentOS is a great way to get started, … both with Linux in general and in preparing yourself … to work with Red Hat Enterprise Linux … should you need to do that in the future. … As always, we love to hear your feedback about our courses … and about courses you'd like to see us create for you. … And, of course, always keep learning and creating. … Have fun and good luck. … …
- What is CentOS?
- Installing CentOS
- Configuring networking manually
- Configuring the network with NetworkManager
- Connecting remotely
- Working with security-enhanced Linux (SELinux)
- Setting up a firewall
- Setting up a web server
- Sharing user home folders with Samba
- Setting up a desktop environment
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Basic Administration
3. Working with Security-Enhanced Linux (SELinux)
4. Working with Common Services and Applications
5. Using a Desktop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.