Learn how web sockets can be used to deliver more effective web applications.
- [Instructor] With the release of HTML five…more sophisticated state management capabilities…are available to the web developer.…WebSockets provide the ability…to set up a full duplex communications channel…between the client and the server.…This requires a handshake over http or https.…To upgrade the protocol to ws or wss…and the WebSocket server to manage the protocol.…Firstly the client initiates a connection…by sending an https WebSocket handshake request…and the server responds with a status code…of 101 switching protocols.…
It then switches to WebSockets…and both the web browser and the web server communicates…using the WebSocket API according to RFC 6455,…the WebSocket protocol.…WebSocket D is an easy to use WebSocket…server written by Joe Walnes which we'll run on Ubuntu.…We can get the zip file of this server…from his GitHub page, unpack it and it'll be ready for use.…I've already loaded it on my Ubuntu system.…While WebSocket D provides the ability to maintain state…it doesn't actually do anything.…
Note: The topics in this course will prepare you for key objectives on the Certified Ethical Hacker exam. Find an overview of the certification and the exam handbook at https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/.
- Dissecting HTTP/HTTPS protocol
- Working with WebSockets
- Understanding cookies
- Installing testing tools such as Hacme Casino and the Vega Scanner
- Running web application tests
- Practicing your skills
Skill Level Intermediate
Ethical Hacking: Denial of Servicewith Malcolm Shore1h 27m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Web
2. Getting Ready to Test
3. Running Basic Web Application Tests
4. Advanced Web Application Tests
5. Practicing Your Skills
What's next1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.