Get an overview of Armitage, the graphical front end for metasploit, and learn how to exploit a Windows XP system.
- [Voiceover] Armitage an do a lot of automated scanning…and diagnosis.…Let's have a look at what it can find…in its local network by running Nmap from the Host menu.…I'll select a Ping Scan and I'll scan the range…10.0.2.0/24.…Armitage doesn't automatically add the hosts…but we can add them manually.…For now however, I'll start exploring one…of the two already registered hosts.…10.0.2.13.…
I'll right-click and select Scan which will…start an Nmap scan of the host.…The Nmap results are displayed in the bottom…console window.…We can see Nmap has identified this as a Linux host.…Okay, the scan's complete.…I can check the services that have been…found on the host by right-clicking and selecting Services.…The services information is displayed…in the bottom panel.…
I can select Attacks, Find Attacks, and Armitage…will run through its database and associate…the relevant attacks with this target.…I can right-click, select Attack,…and I'll select the Samba attack, usermap_script.…This pops up an attack panel with everything…
This course will give prospective ethical hackers a short overview of the tools in Kali Linux. Cybersecurity expert Malcolm Shore shows how to set up a virtual environment for testing, configure Kali Linux, and install toolsets for information gathering, vulnerability assessment, password and hash cracking, and target exploitation.
Because businesses are connected, they are also exposed. Vulnerability testing helps organizations limit that exposure. This course will help you explore the careers, techniques, and tools behind ethical hacking—one of the most competitive and sought-after IT security skills.
- Overview of Metaploit, Maltego, and Wifite
- Setting up a virtual lab with Oracle VM
- Installing virtual machines and appliances
- Exploring the Kali Linux applications
- Gathering information with DMitry and DNSenum
- Conducting a vulnerability assessment
- Installing OpenVAS and Vega
- Testing passwords
- Exploiting targets
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with CentOS Linuxwith Scott Simpson1h 32m Beginner
1. Setting Up the Virtual Lab
2. Introducing Kali
3. Information Gathering (Understanding the Target)
4. Vulnerability Analysis
5. Passwords and Hashes
6. Exploiting Targets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.