Explore using monitoring software to ensure the target’s website is up and operational, detecting updates and changes and measuring website traffic.
- [Instructor] Going to a website…and seeing a sign Under Construction is rare today.…In most cases, the website is up and operational,…and it's good for business.…It's really important to monitor your website,…and there's plenty of tools out there.…If you take a look at this one, Pingdom SolarWinds,…you can see Performance Monitoring Made Easy.…And this is just to get a pulse on the website…and make sure that it is up and operational.…
Updown.io, this is another one, inexpensive web monitoring.…I'll scroll down here.…And here you can see some of what is happening…as far as metrics and how you might be paying for this.…Well, yes, in a lot of cases you are paying…for something to monitor your website,…and that's because you want it up and operational.…Any downtime will affect sales.…Any disruption to your website will affect sales,…also brand reputation and dissatisfied customers.…
So in this case, here you can go to GitHub,…and this is actually free, and you can see status okay.…And you can just, once you get your account,…
Note: Our Ethical Hacking series maps to the 18 parts of the EC-Council's certification exam. This course maps to the 02 Footprinting and Reconnaissance domain.
- Using competitive intelligence
- Hacking with search engines
- Using email for footprinting
- Getting social
- Mirroring websites
- Using Ping, Tracert, nslookup, and dig
- Taking footprinting countermeasures
- Pen testing for footprinting