Join Chaim Krause for an in-depth discussion in this video Manage repositories, part of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Software is installed as a package,…and packages come from repositories.…Now when you did an installation off your DVD…that was added as a repository.…And there's a tool that's used to…work with packages called zypper.…So if I use zypper and I want to list my repositories,…I'll see that the CD is added already…to the list of repositories.…
If I want to get more information about them,…what I can say is 'zypper repos, detailed information'.…And now I get more information about it…and you can see yes in fact the URI is a CD.…Well what happens if you want to use a different repo?…Now if you're going to be using Suse Linux Enterprise…really the only repos you want to add…are going to be the ones…that comes with your maintenance subscription.…
That's why you gotta a subscription…to use the official packages.…And those will be added automatically…through the process of adding your subscription.…One other case, where you would use an additional repo…with Suse Linux server would be if you have packages…of your own that you have in your own repository.…
- What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
- Installing SLES
- Linux file types
- Working at the command line
- Managing processes
- Working with background processes
- Managing users and groups
- Changing file permissions
- Configuring network interfaces
- Displaying hardware information
- Managing drivers
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Package Managers and Repositorieswith Scott Simpson1h 13m Intermediate
Linux: User and Group Managementwith Grant McWilliams1h 8m Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
1. What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
2. Working at the Command Line
3. System Initialization
4. Process Management
5. Identity and Security
6. Managing Software
7. Network Management
8. Basic Network Services
10. Administration and Monitoring
11. Hardware Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.