Join Chaim Krause for an in-depth discussion in this video Manage RPM packages, part of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Let's use a Linux Enterprise Server…software is installed or removed…in the form of packages.…Now in earlier versions, RPM was all there was…which goes all the way back to the days of the…Red Hat Package Manager.…In '12, we've got Zypper.…So let's explore that and see how…we can add and remove software.…First thing we can do, is make sure…we've got some repositories configured properly.…So we're gonna zypper and l r for less repos.…
And we've got a bunch of repos set up here,…these are the standard ones for…a subscription service.…If I want to install some software,…I can say sudo zypper install and let's install…the git-core.…So we're told that not only does git-core…need to be installed, but there's a package dependency…for perl-error.…So these two packages want to be installed,…do you want to continue, yes or no…default being yes.…
It is now downloading those packages…from the repo and installing them.…Let's take the next easy step…which is to remove what we just did.…So we're going to remove git-core.…
- What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
- Installing SLES
- Linux file types
- Working at the command line
- Managing processes
- Working with background processes
- Managing users and groups
- Changing file permissions
- Configuring network interfaces
- Displaying hardware information
- Managing drivers
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Package Managers and Repositorieswith Scott Simpson1h 13m Intermediate
Linux: User and Group Managementwith Grant McWilliams1h 8m Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
1. What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
2. Working at the Command Line
3. System Initialization
4. Process Management
5. Identity and Security
6. Managing Software
7. Network Management
8. Basic Network Services
10. Administration and Monitoring
11. Hardware Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.