Become a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE). Study objectives from the RHCE certification exam related to iSCSI storage networking.
- iSCSI storage area networks are common in enterprise environments, and in many cases, vital for companies to function. Mastering the skill to manage iSCSI storage is necessary to be a Linux system engineer. In this course, we build an iSCSI storage area network from a physical block device to the finished drive exported to the network, including access control list, for security. We also create iSCSI backing stores out of LVM logical volumes, disk files, and RAM disk devices stored in memory, for speed. I'm Grant McWilliams, computer science instructor and Linux enthusiast.
Join me now in my course Linux System Engineer: iSCI Storage Area Networks. Let's get started.
- What is iSCSI?
- Creating iSCSI backstores
- Configuring ACL and firewall credentials
- Configuring targets and initiators
- Partitioning and mounting drives
- Creating iSCSI LUNs