Learn how to set up email with Postfix, the mail transport agent for Linux, and study for Postfix-related questions from the RHCE certification exam.
- [Grant] The primary method of business communication is email. The job of mail administrator is one of the most important jobs in the data center team. Without email, companies stop working. Postfix handles one-third of all internet email servers. In this course, we set up a Postfix mail server as a default mail transport agent and tester of operations. We demystify the various Postfix configuration files and create aliases, forwarding and virtual email groups. We then create a local Postfix mail server, test it and create a Postfix mail relay. I'm Grant McWilliams, computer science instructor and Linux enthusiast. Join me now in my course, Linux System Engineer: Mail Systems using Postfix. Let's get started.
- Overview of email and mail agents
- Installing Postfix
- Postfix services and commands
- Postfix configuration files
- Configuring a mail service
- Creating a mail gateway