Learn about OmniPeek, a commercial packet sniffer and protocol analysis tool.
- [Instructor] When it comes to packet sniffing tools, … you have a lot of choices today. … I'm at this webpage, LiveAction, … and let's take a look at Omnipeek. … Omnipeek is a commercial packet sniffer … and a protocol analysis tool. … It's available only on a Windows platform, … however it has many many features. … Omnipeek is like Wireshark … in that it's a real time protocol analyzer … and it can decode over a thousand protocols. … I'll scroll down here, and you can just take a look here … and see some of the images … and some of the discussions to some of the features. … Here you can there's several dashboards … that you can take a look at, … and it has a nice graphical interface. … Here we can see network analysis workflow. … I also like this feature; … Monitor Distributed Networks Remotely. … And also helps you to do wifi troubleshooting. … Voice and video monitoring, … and a lot more that deals with … troubleshooting your network. … Now you can have a 30-day trial, which is what I did. …
Note: The topics in this course will prepare you for key objectives on the Certified Ethical Hacker exam. Find an overview of the certification and the exam handbook at https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/.
- Sniffing network traffic
- Passive vs. active attacks
- Comparing IPv4 to IPv6
- MAC and macof attacks
- Investigating DHCP attacks
- Detecting ARP and DNS spoofing
- Sniffing tools and techniques
Skill Level Beginner
1. Sniffing Overview
2. MAC Attacks
6. Sniffing Tools and Techniques
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.