Join Chaim Krause for an in-depth discussion in this video Introduction to SUSE Linux, part of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server Essential Training.
- [Narrator] What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?…It's a Linux Distribution.…What do I mean by distribution?…It contains the Linux open-source operating system.…Bundled software applications.…And an installer to install all…of that together so it works seemlessly.…Now there's a spectrum of flavors of SUSE,…ranging from a community-driven…open-source cutting edge flavor…to a commercially supported flavor…that are meant to be more stable, reliable.…It could be tuned for capabilities…like high availability computing and real-time computing.…
Let's go straight to the source.…We're looking at SUSE's webpage for SUSE Enterprise Linux.…Look at the things that it's stressing here.…It's stressing agile, mission critical ready, secure.…It's talking about things that are stable.…These are the things that a commercial Linux version needs.…But there's also an open-source version.…A fully open-source version is opensuse.…And there are two distributions of that.…There's Tumbleweed and there's Leap.…
Tumbleweed is kind of like, the tumbleweed,…
- What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
- Installing SLES
- Linux file types
- Working at the command line
- Managing processes
- Working with background processes
- Managing users and groups
- Changing file permissions
- Configuring network interfaces
- Displaying hardware information
- Managing drivers
Skill Level Intermediate
Linux: Package Managers and Repositorieswith Scott Simpson1h 13m Intermediate
Linux: User and Group Managementwith Grant McWilliams1h 8m Intermediate
Make IT Work in Your Businesswith Scott M Burrell1h 43m Intermediate
1. What is SUSE Linux Enterprise?
2. Working at the Command Line
3. System Initialization
4. Process Management
5. Identity and Security
6. Managing Software
7. Network Management
8. Basic Network Services
10. Administration and Monitoring
11. Hardware Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.