Learn how to intercept web traffic with Web Scarab.
- [Narrator] WebScarab is a Java-based web application…and web server assessment tool.…It can operate as a web spider, crawling a web site,…or a web proxy tool, intercepting HTTP…and HTTPS request and response messages…and providing the ability to make changes to them.…It's a little bit dated…and has been superseded by Zed Attack Proxy.…And there's also a next generation tool available,…WebScarab NG.…Nevertheless, the original WebScarab…is still an active Kali tool…which provides a comprehensive set of features,…so it's worth taking a look at it.…
WebScarab is in the Applications,…Web Application Analysis menu.…I'll select it.…Before starting any work with WebScarab,…we'll need to set up IceWeasel to proxy through WebScarab.…We can do that through the options at the top right,…Preferences, Advanced, Network Settings,…and then change the selection to manual proxy…on 127.0.0.1 through port 8008.…
Okay, now any web browsing or web application use…that we do will pass through WebScarab.…I'll just go to visit the Zero online web testing…
Note: The topics in this course will prepare you for key objectives on the Certified Ethical Hacker exam. Find an overview of the certification and the exam handbook at https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/.
- Dissecting HTTP/HTTPS protocol
- Working with WebSockets
- Understanding cookies
- Installing testing tools such as Hacme Casino and the Vega Scanner
- Running web application tests
- Practicing your skills
Skill Level Intermediate
Ethical Hacking: Denial of Service (2016)with Malcolm Shore1h 27m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Web
2. Getting Ready to Test
3. Running Basic Web Application Tests
4. Advanced Web Application Tests
5. Practicing Your Skills
What's next1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.