Join Malcolm Shore for an in-depth discussion in this video Introducing Spike, part of Introduction to Kali Linux.
- [Voiceover] Nikto is a fairly simple tool…for web scanning.…It appears in the top directory…of the Vulnerability Analysis menu.…Let's take a look at it.…Nikto is used to identify which vulnerabilities exist…in the underlying web server.…Selecting Nikto presents a terminal window…and shows its various options.…I'll run Nikto against my disploitable…by typing nikto -h 10.0.2.13.…
This test is now completed.…The first thing we see is that the web server…is an Apache 2.2.8 system, running on Ubuntu.…This is followed by some notes relating…to missing hardening features.…And our advice, that the Apache server…appears to be outdated.…A little further down, we can see that Nikto has identified…a number of known vulnerabilities…from the Open Source Vulnerability Database, OSVDB.…
The final summary shows 29 items which need attention.…
This course will give prospective ethical hackers a short overview of the tools in Kali Linux. Cybersecurity expert Malcolm Shore shows how to set up a virtual environment for testing, configure Kali Linux, and install toolsets for information gathering, vulnerability assessment, password and hash cracking, and target exploitation.
Because businesses are connected, they are also exposed. Vulnerability testing helps organizations limit that exposure. This course will help you explore the careers, techniques, and tools behind ethical hacking—one of the most competitive and sought-after IT security skills.
- Overview of Metaploit, Maltego, and Wifite
- Setting up a virtual lab with Oracle VM
- Installing virtual machines and appliances
- Exploring the Kali Linux applications
- Gathering information with DMitry and DNSenum
- Conducting a vulnerability assessment
- Installing OpenVAS and Vega
- Testing passwords
- Exploiting targets
Skill Level Beginner
Up and Running with CentOS Linuxwith Scott Simpson1h 32m Beginner
1. Setting Up the Virtual Lab
2. Introducing Kali
3. Information Gathering (Understanding the Target)
4. Vulnerability Analysis
5. Passwords and Hashes
6. Exploiting Targets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.