Join Malcolm Shore for an in-depth discussion in this video Introducing Maltego, part of Learning Kali Linux.
- [Voiceover] Maltego is a popular tool…for open- source intelligence and forensics.…And it can be used to identify publicly available…information about an organization…when conducting reconnaissance.…Kali includes the community edition,…known as Maltego Chlorine,…together with a set of free analytical transforms.…Before we start,…there are three concepts in Maltego…which it's useful to understand.…The first is a graph.…It's the panel on which Maltego will create the diagram…showing the information and the relationships it finds.…
The second is a transform.…In Maltego terms,…this is an analysis function,…which takes an input,…for instance a server name,…and using open source intelligence,…transforms it into a tree of connected information.…There are many standard transforms in Maltego,…and there's a Python-based scripting language…that can be used to write custom transforms.…The third concept is a machine.…This is essentially the processing engine…for running a transform,…which could be on the same server…as the Maltego management interface,…
This course will give prospective ethical hackers a short overview of the tools in Kali Linux. Cybersecurity expert Malcolm Shore shows how to set up a virtual environment for testing, configure Kali Linux, and install toolsets for information gathering, vulnerability assessment, password and hash cracking, and target exploitation.
Because businesses are connected, they are also exposed. Vulnerability testing helps organizations limit that exposure. This course will help you explore the careers, techniques, and tools behind ethical hacking—one of the most competitive and sought-after IT security skills.
- Overview of Metaploit, Maltego, and Wifite
- Setting up a virtual lab with Oracle VM
- Installing virtual machines and appliances
- Exploring the Kali Linux applications
- Gathering information with DMitry and DNSenum
- Conducting a vulnerability assessment
- Installing OpenVAS and Vega
- Testing passwords
- Exploiting targets
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 06/12/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: setting up a virtual lab, installing appliances, Windows Credential Editor, using John for Windows passwords, pass the hash, using rainbow tables, exploiting with Armitage, pivoting through a network, and getting stealth and persistent access. In addition, a new video was added that shows how to create Trojans with msfvenom.
1. Setting Up the Virtual Lab
2. Introducing Kali
3. Information Gathering (Understanding the Target)
4. Vulnerability Analysis
5. Passwords and Hashes
6. Exploiting Targets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.