Join Malcolm Shore for an in-depth discussion in this video Introducing DMitry, part of Learning Kali Linux.
- The first tool we see on the right hand side,…is dmitry.…Dmitry, the deep magic information gathering tool,…can be used to do whois lookup of a host,…identify subdomains, and scan a target,…looking for open ports.…Let's take a look at how to use…a couple of dmitry's capabilities.…Firstly, I'll use dmitry to identify the public internet…registration information of the yahoo.com website.…The first thing that dmitry provides…is the target's IP address.…
We can see that that IP address for yahoo.com…is 98.139….183.24.…Dmitry also provides details of yahoo.com's subdomains.…We can see that there are ten of domains that have been…publicly registered, starting with policies.yahoo.com,…and going through to info.yahoo.com,…and then finally…fe004.syc.search.gq1.yahoo.com.…
There are five servers in the domain,…188.8.131.52,…184.108.40.206,…220.127.116.11,…18.104.22.168,…and 22.214.171.124.…Plus the final host 126.96.36.199,…which in fact, is a short lived search subdomain.…Let's have a look at the registration information…for yahoo.com.…
This course will give prospective ethical hackers a short overview of the tools in Kali Linux. Cybersecurity expert Malcolm Shore shows how to set up a virtual environment for testing, configure Kali Linux, and install toolsets for information gathering, vulnerability assessment, password and hash cracking, and target exploitation.
Because businesses are connected, they are also exposed. Vulnerability testing helps organizations limit that exposure. This course will help you explore the careers, techniques, and tools behind ethical hacking—one of the most competitive and sought-after IT security skills.
- Overview of Metaploit, Maltego, and Wifite
- Setting up a virtual lab with Oracle VM
- Installing virtual machines and appliances
- Exploring the Kali Linux applications
- Gathering information with DMitry and DNSenum
- Conducting a vulnerability assessment
- Installing OpenVAS and Vega
- Testing passwords
- Exploiting targets
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 06/12/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: setting up a virtual lab, installing appliances, Windows Credential Editor, using John for Windows passwords, pass the hash, using rainbow tables, exploiting with Armitage, pivoting through a network, and getting stealth and persistent access. In addition, a new video was added that shows how to create Trojans with msfvenom.
1. Setting Up the Virtual Lab
2. Introducing Kali
3. Information Gathering (Understanding the Target)
4. Vulnerability Analysis
5. Passwords and Hashes
6. Exploiting Targets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.