Join Malcolm Shore for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing virtual machines, part of Introduction to Kali Linux.
- [Voiceover] Now that VirtualBox is ready to go,…I can install my first virtual machine.…I can do this in two ways.…By manually creating the virtual image,…or by loading a pre-existing appliance.…Let's take a look at how we create…a brand new virtual machine.…The Machine menu provides a number of functions…related to virtual machines.…The key ones are also shown as icons…in the top bar, below the menu.…I'll select New to create a new virtual machine.…
The first thing I have to do is give the VM a name.…I'll call it Debian.…I'll then select an operating system, Linux,…and a version, Debian.…VirtualBox is pretty clever.…It figured out that was what the new VM…called Debian might be.…I'll select Next.…This will take me to the memory selection,…and I'll keep the default of 768 megabytes.…VirtualBox then provides the option…for setting up a hard disk.…And I'll again take the default of a virtual hard disk.…
This will be created when I press the Create button.…And I'll take the default VirtualBox VDI image…and press Next.…
This course will give prospective ethical hackers a short overview of the tools in Kali Linux. Cybersecurity expert Malcolm Shore shows how to set up a virtual environment for testing, configure Kali Linux, and install toolsets for information gathering, vulnerability assessment, password and hash cracking, and target exploitation.
Because businesses are connected, they are also exposed. Vulnerability testing helps organizations limit that exposure. This course will help you explore the careers, techniques, and tools behind ethical hacking—one of the most competitive and sought-after IT security skills.
- Overview of Metaploit, Maltego, and Wifite
- Setting up a virtual lab with Oracle VM
- Installing virtual machines and appliances
- Exploring the Kali Linux applications
- Gathering information with DMitry and DNSenum
- Conducting a vulnerability assessment
- Installing OpenVAS and Vega
- Testing passwords
- Exploiting targets
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Virtual Lab
2. Introducing Kali
3. Information Gathering (Understanding the Target)
4. Vulnerability Analysis
5. Passwords and Hashes
6. Exploiting Targets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.