Learn how to install a VirtualBox appliance as a pre-configured VM. See how to download and install the Kali appliance.
- [Instructor] While early penetration testing involved…manually creating malicious packet streams…and sending them at targets,…over time, this process became automated.…Immunity created its canvas framework…and core security technologies created core impact.…Another framework, Metasploit, was created…by H.D. Moore in 2003 using Perl.…And in 2007, was completely rewritten in Ruby.…It was purchased in 2009 by Rapid7 and it's been enhanced…with Express and Pro versions.…
It's now become the defacto exploit development framework…and, with its inclusion as part of Kali Linux,…is the most popular pen testing tool.…The Metasploit developers have also released…an intentionally vulnerable configuration…of the Ubuntu Linux system called Metasploitable 2,…which is designed to be a safe target…for teaching and learning pen testing using Metasploit.…This can be downloaded from SourceForge as an archive…containing it in virtual disk form,…although it isn't provided as an OVA.…
Hence, we'll need to create a virtual machine…
This course will give prospective ethical hackers a short overview of the tools in Kali Linux. Cybersecurity expert Malcolm Shore shows how to set up a virtual environment for testing, configure Kali Linux, and install toolsets for information gathering, vulnerability assessment, password and hash cracking, and target exploitation.
Because businesses are connected, they are also exposed. Vulnerability testing helps organizations limit that exposure. This course will help you explore the careers, techniques, and tools behind ethical hacking—one of the most competitive and sought-after IT security skills.
- Overview of Metaploit, Maltego, and Wifite
- Setting up a virtual lab with Oracle VM
- Installing virtual machines and appliances
- Exploring the Kali Linux applications
- Gathering information with DMitry and DNSenum
- Conducting a vulnerability assessment
- Installing OpenVAS and Vega
- Testing passwords
- Exploiting targets
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 06/12/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: setting up a virtual lab, installing appliances, Windows Credential Editor, using John for Windows passwords, pass the hash, using rainbow tables, exploiting with Armitage, pivoting through a network, and getting stealth and persistent access. In addition, a new video was added that shows how to create Trojans with msfvenom.
1. Setting Up the Virtual Lab
2. Introducing Kali
3. Information Gathering (Understanding the Target)
4. Vulnerability Analysis
5. Passwords and Hashes
6. Exploiting Targets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.